Monday, March 19, 2012

Body type not supported by Remote Host issue

I have recently setup a 2003 server with ISA firewall and an inbound SMTP re
lay to provide message filtering etc and SMTP command
scanning (such as it may be). This server relays to my internal SMTP server
which is an Exchange 5.5. Prior to this my Exchange
server received the email directly from the sending server with even less pr
otection by the ISA server. Since putting the 6.0
SMTP server in, I have been receiving (as admin) NDRs on in bound messages w
ith the error 'Body type not supported by Remote
Host'.
1) - I am not sure that these message really can't be handled by my 5.5. ser
ver. The reason I question this is that the NDR has
the original message as an attachment and I can open many of them in Outlook
that accesses the 5.5 server) and read them just
fine. Some of them are gibberish.
2) - I would really like the messages to continue on to the Exchange server
and let the chips fall as they may as they did before
I put the inbound relay was put in place.
3) - If I must have the NDR on the inbound messages, I would like to prevent
NDRs from being returned to the sender of these
messages. In fact, I think I could live without any NDRs returned to sender
from this relay. I have a 3 rd party spam filtering
service that discards messages to my domain for addresses without mailboxes
and my Exchange server should really provide what ever
other type of NDR that is required.
I saw an article about disabling 8bitmime advertising for Windows 2000 SMTP,
but I am not sure that it applies because
1) - I really expect the procedure is different.
2) - The rejected messages don't indicate an 8bitmime type
3) - MS did not provide an equivalent article for Server 2003
Any information about the error message Body type not supported by Remote Ho
st or suggests would be most appreciated.
Thanks
---
Roy Chastain
KMSystems, Inc.Sorry about the mis-post. My mousing skills seem to be getting worse with a
ge.
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:04:37 -0400, Roy Chastain <roy@.kmsys.com> wrote:

>I have recently setup a 2003 server with ISA firewall and an inbound SMTP r
elay to provide message filtering etc and SMTP command
>scanning (such as it may be). This server relays to my internal SMTP serve
r which is an Exchange 5.5. Prior to this my Exchange
>server received the email directly from the sending server with even less p
rotection by the ISA server. Since putting the 6.0
>SMTP server in, I have been receiving (as admin) NDRs on in bound messages
with the error 'Body type not supported by Remote
>Host'.
>1) - I am not sure that these message really can't be handled by my 5.5. se
rver. The reason I question this is that the NDR has
>the original message as an attachment and I can open many of them in Outloo
k that accesses the 5.5 server) and read them just
>fine. Some of them are gibberish.
>2) - I would really like the messages to continue on to the Exchange server
and let the chips fall as they may as they did before
>I put the inbound relay was put in place.
>3) - If I must have the NDR on the inbound messages, I would like to preven
t NDRs from being returned to the sender of these
>messages. In fact, I think I could live without any NDRs returned to sende
r from this relay. I have a 3 rd party spam filtering
>service that discards messages to my domain for addresses without mailboxes
and my Exchange server should really provide what ever
>other type of NDR that is required.
>I saw an article about disabling 8bitmime advertising for Windows 2000 SMTP
, but I am not sure that it applies because
>1) - I really expect the procedure is different.
>2) - The rejected messages don't indicate an 8bitmime type
>3) - MS did not provide an equivalent article for Server 2003
>Any information about the error message Body type not supported by Remote H
ost or suggests would be most appreciated.
>Thanks
>---
>Roy Chastain
>KMSystems, Inc.
---
Roy Chastain
KMSystems, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment