Sunday, March 25, 2012

Books on T-SQL

Hi Can anyone suggest me a good book on T-SQL for SQL Server 2005? I preferably need both a Hardcopy and a softcopy (any link which covers in depth T-SQL for YUKON will do). Same for Hardcopy also.

Thanks in Advance

Shaun

I haven't actually read it, but the O'Reilly books are generally very good, and they have released on one SQL 2005:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/progsqlsvr/

Also, Microsoft has some good books and courses online:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/sql/learning/default.aspx

HTH|||

For me Books OL is enough for all T-SQL questions and syntax issues.

I was looking for some good book for 2k5 but not many books are out yet.

|||? I don't think any are out yet. Itzik Ben-Gan and a couple of others have two books coming out in a few months, from Microsoft Press (part of the "Inside SQL Server" series). You might have to make due with BOL until that one is released. -- Adam MachanicPro SQL Server 2005, available nowhttp://www..apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=457-- <Shaun Michael@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3049dd63-4c3c-42a8-9e31-57ee97c32f4e@.discussions.microsoft.com... Hi Can anyone suggest me a good book on T-SQL for SQL Server 2005? I preferably need both a Hardcopy and a softcopy (any link which covers in depth T-SQL for YUKON will do). Same for Hardcopy also. Thanks in Advance Shaun|||I've seen some books out, including the one in the link above. Some were out in Novemeber, but not official ones.|||? I'm not sure what you mean by "official". The only official documentation is Books Online. I don't recommend the book in my signature because the coverage of T-SQL isn't all that deep -- we covered the new features only. Aside from the four books targetted at the beta editions (Beauchemin et al, Otey, DeBetta, and Scalability Experts), all of the other books currently on the market are targetted at RTM, as far as I'm aware. -- Adam MachanicPro SQL Server 2005, available nowhttp://www..apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=457-- <Shughes@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:879be8bc-3533-4242-a45d-fc56a35ec105@.discussions.microsoft.com...I've seen some books out, including the one in the link above. Some were out in Novemeber, but not official ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment