Tuesday, March 27, 2012

books online tutorial - why am i getting an error?

Hi,
I am doing the MSDN Online tutorial "Accessing the Report Server Web Service
Using Visual Basic or Visual C#".
However, when I come to the 3rd step, Accessing the Web Service, and use the
supplied code, I get an error saying
"Namespace or type specified in the Imports
'GetPropertiesSample.ReportService2005' doesn't contain any public member or
cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains
at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use
any aliases."
and
"Type 'ReportingService2005' is not defined."
This happens when using C# or VB.
What I am doing wrong?
ThanksSorry, I forgot to rename my project to GetPropertiesSample.
Works ok now.
"PacMan" wrote:
> Hi,
> I am doing the MSDN Online tutorial "Accessing the Report Server Web Service
> Using Visual Basic or Visual C#".
> However, when I come to the 3rd step, Accessing the Web Service, and use the
> supplied code, I get an error saying
> "Namespace or type specified in the Imports
> 'GetPropertiesSample.ReportService2005' doesn't contain any public member or
> cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains
> at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use
> any aliases."
> and
> "Type 'ReportingService2005' is not defined."
> This happens when using C# or VB.
> What I am doing wrong?
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment