Thursday, March 29, 2012

Boolean parameter default issue on report server

Hi Folks,
I have a report with a boolean parameter(Show Reversed Invoices). I default
it to 'No' and this works in the BIDS environment just as i want with a drop
down menu, when deployed to the reportserver it renders as True/False radio
buttons however, the False radio button is not automatically checked. What am
I missing in order to have this happen?
Thanks for your help.On Nov 3, 2:07 pm, Stevie <Ste...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I have a report with a boolean parameter(Show Reversed Invoices). I default
> it to 'No' and this works in the BIDS environment just as i want with a drop
> down menu, when deployed to the reportserver it renders as True/False radio
> buttons however, the False radio button is not automatically checked. What am
> I missing in order to have this happen?
> Thanks for your help.
When you say you set the default to 'No', do you mean 'False'? If not,
you will want to change the default value to False. If so, you may
want to check the Service Pack level of SQL Server on the Report
Server, it may not be the latest and you may need to get the latest
service pack for your version of SQL Server (if SQL 2005, SP2). Hope
this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Hi Enrique,
Thanks for responding. I just spoke to my manager about the service pack
level and he said we're at SP1+ and that we're going to SP2 soon. Once we get
there I'll let you know the results thereafter.
Best regards
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2:07 pm, Stevie <Ste...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I have a report with a boolean parameter(Show Reversed Invoices). I default
> > it to 'No' and this works in the BIDS environment just as i want with a drop
> > down menu, when deployed to the reportserver it renders as True/False radio
> > buttons however, the False radio button is not automatically checked. What am
> > I missing in order to have this happen?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> When you say you set the default to 'No', do you mean 'False'? If not,
> you will want to change the default value to False. If so, you may
> want to check the Service Pack level of SQL Server on the Report
> Server, it may not be the latest and you may need to get the latest
> service pack for your version of SQL Server (if SQL 2005, SP2). Hope
> this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||On Nov 5, 9:05 am, Stevie <Ste...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Enrique,
> Thanks for responding. I just spoke to my manager about the service pack
> level and he said we're at SP1+ and that we're going to SP2 soon. Once we get
> there I'll let you know the results thereafter.
> Best regards
> "EMartinez" wrote:
> > On Nov 3, 2:07 pm, Stevie <Ste...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Folks,
> > > I have a report with a boolean parameter(Show Reversed Invoices). I default
> > > it to 'No' and this works in the BIDS environment just as i want with a drop
> > > down menu, when deployed to the reportserver it renders as True/False radio
> > > buttons however, the False radio button is not automatically checked. What am
> > > I missing in order to have this happen?
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > When you say you set the default to 'No', do you mean 'False'? If not,
> > you will want to change the default value to False. If so, you may
> > want to check the Service Pack level of SQL Server on the Report
> > Server, it may not be the latest and you may need to get the latest
> > service pack for your version of SQL Server (if SQL 2005, SP2). Hope
> > this helps.
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
You're welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||It doesn't seem to be a Service Pack problem. I encountered the same exact
problem on SQL 2000 SP4. Oddly enough, my report had two boolean parameters,
the first of which defaulted correctly on the published Reporting Services
site, and the second did not (however, both worked fine in the Visual Studio
developer environment).
I was able to workaround the problem by renaming the parameter. At that
point, everything started working fine.
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Nov 5, 9:05 am, Stevie <Ste...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Enrique,
> >
> > Thanks for responding. I just spoke to my manager about the service pack
> > level and he said we're at SP1+ and that we're going to SP2 soon. Once we get
> > there I'll let you know the results thereafter.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > "EMartinez" wrote:
> > > On Nov 3, 2:07 pm, Stevie <Ste...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > > Hi Folks,
> >
> > > > I have a report with a boolean parameter(Show Reversed Invoices). I default
> > > > it to 'No' and this works in the BIDS environment just as i want with a drop
> > > > down menu, when deployed to the reportserver it renders as True/False radio
> > > > buttons however, the False radio button is not automatically checked. What am
> > > > I missing in order to have this happen?
> >
> > > > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > > When you say you set the default to 'No', do you mean 'False'? If not,
> > > you will want to change the default value to False. If so, you may
> > > want to check the Service Pack level of SQL Server on the Report
> > > Server, it may not be the latest and you may need to get the latest
> > > service pack for your version of SQL Server (if SQL 2005, SP2). Hope
> > > this helps.
> >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > > Enrique Martinez
> > > Sr. Software Consultant
>
> You're welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>

No comments:

Post a Comment