Sunday, March 25, 2012

Books on Hierarchies

Hello All,
I would like learn Hierarchies in "SQL". I do have the Transact-SQL Cookbook
by Jonathan Gennick.
Are there any other book that talks about this topic that I should read.
Also, if anyone can point to some
links that would be great as well.
Thanks,
GopiTREES & HIERARCHIES IN SQL by Joe Celko|||"--CELKO--" <jcelko212@.earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:1117821936.831757.296570@.z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> TREES & HIERARCHIES IN SQL by Joe Celko
>
Not to toot Joe's horn, but that is an awesome book!!!
Check out SQL for Smarties by Joe Celko as well.
Great stuff.
Rick Sawtell
MCT, MCSD, MCDBA|||"Rick Sawtell" <r_sawtell@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eOlDAiGaFHA.1040@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> "--CELKO--" <jcelko212@.earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:1117821936.831757.296570@.z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Not to toot Joe's horn, but that is an awesome book!!!
> Check out SQL for Smarties by Joe Celko as well.
> Great stuff.
Shame he's so rude to people in real life. I'd love to have a look at his
books as they seem so raved about but I don't think I could bring myself to
buy something from someone who's so needlessly rude to so many people.|||>> Shame he's so rude to people in real life. <<
Wrong. I am a pussy cat in person. I have a deliberately advosar
Wrong. I am a pussy cat in person. I have a deliberately adversarial
newsgroup personality. After ten or so years, you get tired whining
"do my homework/job for me", or "give me a kludge so I can kill
people" postings.
The first group of whiners is why Chris Date does not answer email
address. I turn them into their schools and have them expelled for
academic cheating (2 and maybe 3 so far)
The second group is more of a problem. In 2004, it was kid who threw
out 1NF on a medical supply system for African relief. He was more
bothered by the fact that I was rude to him than that his incompetent
was killing children in a war zone.
Grow up. See a few episodes of HOUSE. Then get professional.|||"--CELKO--" <jcelko212@.earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:1117848393.903206.188650@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Wrong. I am a pussy cat in person. I have a deliberately adversarial
> newsgroup personality.
Well that's fine, but some people are coming on here to develop and learn
from other people, your style puts people off. You don't come across as a
friendly and helpful character. (and presumably you must be at heart if you
like looking into people's sql problems and solving them for free) Oh I
dunno, maybe I'm too patient with people myself... anyway self perception
analysis is a bit off topic so I'll shut up.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment