Sunday, March 25, 2012

Books on line for SQL Server Express

It seems that SQL Server Express 2005 (RTM) does not include books on line. I decided to install them from SQL Server Enterprise CD that we have license for. However, the setup informs me that this upgrade is not supported. How can we install the SQL Server books on line with SQL Server Express?
Thanks in advance.

You're correct, Express does not include Books Online. The RTM version of Books Online will be available for download on Monday November 7th. This download will include both the SQL Express Books Online and the full-version of Books Online.

However, I'm sort of surprised that you couldn't install just the BOL from your Enterprise CD. Did you run Setup from under the Tools folder or under the Server folder? I would think that the Tools setup would work. At least I was able to install BOL that way on a machine that did not have any version of SQL Server 2005 installed.

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment