Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Books, Courses and Training about Reporting Service for dummies

Hi,

We have currently done one data ware house project with MS SQL server, reporting server, analysis server and integration server and the users are very happy with it (especially the speed).

The reports have been developed by a developer. I have years of experience in Visual studio, SQL, reports so I could do it very quickly. The users want to make their own reports so they need training. If I look at the requirements for most books and courses they are pretty hard. You must have some experience in SQL server. Or books are focussed on RS2000. Or the books could elapse the whole spectrum of SQL, ETL, cubes and reports or they go in to securing reports.

I think that is not the information that the users want to know. It should start with what is a cube, what are dimensions and what are facts. Then explain something in how do I get the information in excel. And then make reports in the visual studio environment (not the builder on the report server, but the report designer that comes with the client tools in visual studio). Keep in mind that they are not developers nor database administrators.

Any suggestions,

Constantijn Enders

Can u help to to solve my problem . Please excuse me for asking my doubt to u against ur queries. Becuase many time this question arised in the forum no one answer to me to find out the solution for my problem. So please help

I am using report builder thru LocalHost\Report . I want a drill through report by using Report Builder and cube . I created the report but unfortunatly I cannot create a drill through report using parameters .How can I pass parameter in report1 to jump into report2 .

When I running the report after giving drill through properties in report the following error will occure.

'The 'DrillthroughSourceQuery' parameter is missing a value

How can I create a report using parameter for drill down in report builder

I am expecting one answer from u expertise

No comments:

Post a Comment