Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bookmarks (Management Studio)

How do you save bookmarks so you can use them next time you edit the saved query file?

I asked the same quesiton with 0 responses, I am creating a feedback suggestion now for it.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=351510&SiteID=1

Derek

vote here:

someone allready suggested this...

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=7e600860-0662-44cf-bc9b-b6565e3d213c

|||Bookmarks in Management Studio are consist with Visual Studio. To use bookmarks your files need to be part of a solution/project, rather than just loose files. Yes, the environment allows the creation of bookmarks on files that are not part of a solution but these bookmarks are not persisted. When you create a solution, add a file, create some bookmarks, the bookmarks will be persisted and show up each time the solution is opened.|||My bookmarks do not show up when I open the solution. Is there a special way to save the bookmarks with the solution?|||

Here's the answer:

Bookmarks in Management Studio are consist with Visual Studio. To use bookmarks your files need to be part of a solution/project, rather than just loose files. Yes, the environment allows the creation of bookmarks on files that are not part of a solution but these bookmarks are not persisted. When you create a solution, add a file, create some bookmarks, the bookmarks will be persisted and show up each time the solution is opened.

|||My files are part of a solution. When I open the solution the query files are displayed in the solution file. I add bookmark to the query files, save all the files, and then close the solution. When I open the solution again the bookmarks that I created are all gone. It is not working like you stated.|||If you add bookmarks to a script in a database solution created in Visual Studio 2005, when you save the script the bookmarks persist.|||

Dan, I created a new project. Then I opened my .sql, added bookmarks, then added the .sql to the project. I closed and saved both the .sql and the project but, when I opened the project again, the bookmarks are gone. I'm a little new so I had our DBA come over and help me. He, too, doesn't understand why the bookmarks aren't there.

Do you have any suggestions? Any obscure tip or setting that I should know about? If not, can I assume it's a bug in SQL Server 2005? I see that someone "opened a ticket" but I wanted to ask before I assumed there was no answer.

Thanks for your help -- or anyone else with a suggestion,

Kate

|||Is this a bug with SQL Server Management Studio?|||

FYI:

There is feedback to Microsoft concerning this issue and even though it was suppose to be in this version, they said they would be considering it for the next release. If anyone else want bookmarks to persist in Management Studio, let Microsoft know in their Feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment