Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bookmark and back button behavior in Report Manager/IE.

Can anyone verify the expected behavior of the browser back button for
me please? Using Report Manager, I have a one-page report with several
bookmarks. When I jump from a link to one of my bookmarks, is the
"back" button in the browser supposed to take me back to the
originating link? It does nothing. (Using Reporting Services SP1 (Dev)
and IE 6.0 SP2 all on XP os).
Then when I export this to Web Archive (mhtml) format, the back button
works fine for while, then randomly stops working after hitting an
unpredictable number of links within this one-page report. However,
using Netscape 7.0, the exported Web Archive file works beautifully.
Ericemrust@.yahoo.com wrote:
> Can anyone verify the expected behavior of the browser back button for
> me please?
Hi Eric,
i got the same behaviour. After an unpredictable number of jumps from report
to bookmarks and back the browser opens sometimes blank report page or does
nothing.
regards
frank|||Thanks for the reply Frank. Does your browser back button work when
viewing the report using Report Manager? (not an exported file, within
a single page report and using bookmarks within that report) In other
words, you jump to a link within a page, then press the back button to
return to the original link on same page?
I thought mine was working, but I cannot be sure and I don't want to
re-install unless I have to.|||emrust@.yahoo.com wrote:
> In other
> words, you jump to a link within a page, then press the back button to
> return to the original link on same page?
Yes that works for me, but:
If i got some hyperlinks in my report and jump to a linked report, the
Back-Button work for while and after
some clicks...the back button stop working
frank|||After a little more testing, the bookmarks work fine if I say
rc:toolbar=false. Any ideas anyone? Do I need to re-install
something to get the back button and bookmarks to work with the toolbar
active?
Eric|||Here is an update on this problem for anyone interested.
I uninstalled and re-installed everything (vs.net and RS 2000) to no
avail.
I installed SP2. Same back-button problems.
So, I opened an incident with Microsoft and they were able to reproduce
the same behavior listed here.
I was told that an official bug report was issued. I am awaiting the
final word.
Eric|||Unfortunately, this bookmark problem has been determined (by Microsoft)
to be a bug. It was present in SP1 (at least for me) and is also still
present in SP2. I wonder if it existed in the original release of RS
2000? It seems to me like a fairly large oversight, and I am a little
surprised no one found it earlier. Guess I'll have to try another
method. I really like the bookmarks since they are so easy to setup and
use. If only the browser back button worked when using the html viewer
and bookmarks, I would be a happy camper.
Eric|||To make the back button work after using a bookmark to hyperlink, the
workaround I discovered is this....
Go directly to the report using a URL with rc:javascript=false. And
rc:toolbar=false works too, if you don't need the toolbar.
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off javascript within the
report design so I can use report manager to access the report also?
Thanks,
Ericsql

No comments:

Post a Comment