Sunday, March 25, 2012

Books

Looking for suggestions on some good books for Reporting Services that will
get me up to speed on its functionality. A book with a good index, good for
beginners, good reference book; that will hopefully get me up to speed pretty
quickly on utilizing Reporting Services.
Thanks in advance for your help.
wnfisbawnfisba,
I bought Wrox's Prof SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services book a month ago,
and I was disappointed.
I was very disappointed when I tried to learn about the ReportViewer
control. There were only a few pages that dealt with it, and it really didn't
get into the good, stuff.
I wanted to use the control on remote servers, and it didn't explain the
issues on setting the credentials.
I would have re-titled this book - - Beginner SQL Server Report Server, for
it really only touches high level topics regarding the SSRS 2005. However, if
you want a lesson in developing WinForm application, this is your book.
-rwiethorn
"wnfisba" wrote:
> Looking for suggestions on some good books for Reporting Services that will
> get me up to speed on its functionality. A book with a good index, good for
> beginners, good reference book; that will hopefully get me up to speed pretty
> quickly on utilizing Reporting Services.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> wnfisba|||Don't overlook the usefulness of the "Dummies" books. I've found the "SSRS
for Dummies" book very helpful, especially for context and concept (how the
pieces fit together and why).
elinde

No comments:

Post a Comment