Wednesday, March 7, 2012

blocked process counter in perfmon

I could have sworn I saw a new counter in perfmon for SQL around blocked
process count.. Not too sure under which particular object it was.
And if so, do you use it and how beneficial is it ?Hassan
Could it be at SQL Server Profiler?
"Hassan" <hassan@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uURSG$XXIHA.4880@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I could have sworn I saw a new counter in perfmon for SQL around blocked
>process count.. Not too sure under which particular object it was.
> And if so, do you use it and how beneficial is it ?
>
>|||Hi
Maybe you are thinking of Lock Blocks in the Memory Manager collection,
which is the number of rindividual esources that are locked.
There is also a Deadlock/sec counter which is not the same a blocked
processes either!
John
"Hassan" wrote:
> I could have sworn I saw a new counter in perfmon for SQL around blocked
> process count.. Not too sure under which particular object it was.
> And if so, do you use it and how beneficial is it ?
>
>|||I think I found it..
"Processes blocked " in SQL Server : General Stats ;)
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:0D0FA9A6-E694-44F6-AFE1-EEBBC9670E45@.microsoft.com...
> Hi
> Maybe you are thinking of Lock Blocks in the Memory Manager collection,
> which is the number of rindividual esources that are locked.
> There is also a Deadlock/sec counter which is not the same a blocked
> processes either!
> John
> "Hassan" wrote:
>> I could have sworn I saw a new counter in perfmon for SQL around blocked
>> process count.. Not too sure under which particular object it was.
>> And if so, do you use it and how beneficial is it ?
>>
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment