Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book Suggestions

I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion of a book for biginners.
Reporting Services seems to be a very difficult thing to get informaion on.
The only thing that has been remotly helpful has been information from people
more expreianced. I would like book for reference. I ordered the book
"Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services". Is this one
going to be helpful or should I find another one too?The "Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 200 Reporting Services" is an
excellent book.
You may also want to buy "SQL Server Reporting Services" by Wrox. Another
excellent book.
These 2 books would make a excellent edition to your book reference library.
Yosh
"Rick via SQLMonster.com" <u15024@.uwe> wrote in message
news:5615b21a3c656@.uwe...
>I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion of a book for biginners.
> Reporting Services seems to be a very difficult thing to get informaion
> on.
> The only thing that has been remotly helpful has been information from
> people
> more expreianced. I would like book for reference. I ordered the book
> "Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services". Is this one
> going to be helpful or should I find another one too?|||I appreciate it. I am Green as can be and need some reference material.
Yosh wrote:
>The "Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 200 Reporting Services" is an
>excellent book.
>You may also want to buy "SQL Server Reporting Services" by Wrox. Another
>excellent book.
>These 2 books would make a excellent edition to your book reference library.
>Yosh
>>I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion of a book for biginners.
>> Reporting Services seems to be a very difficult thing to get informaion
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>> "Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services". Is this one
>> going to be helpful or should I find another one too?|||Rick,
I would also recommend the Hitchhiker's Guide.
If, as you say, you are green then the Microsoft Step by Step book
might be the easiest first book.
Hitchhiker's Guide will give you depth. Another good RS2000 book is
Teo Lachev's book from Manning.
The Wrox RS2000 book is good too.
Andrew Watt
MVP - InfoPath
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:11:38 GMT, "Rick via SQLMonster.com"
<u15024@.uwe> wrote:
>I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion of a book for biginners.
>Reporting Services seems to be a very difficult thing to get informaion on.
>The only thing that has been remotly helpful has been information from people
>more expreianced. I would like book for reference. I ordered the book
>"Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services". Is this one
>going to be helpful or should I find another one too?|||Rick,
Go and search for webcasts on MS site, there are a whole series for
beginners with visual exapmles. The examples Im refering to starts on 07
March 2005.
Very very good.
--
http://dotnet.org.za/stanley
"Rick via SQLMonster.com" wrote:
> I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion of a book for biginners.
> Reporting Services seems to be a very difficult thing to get informaion on.
> The only thing that has been remotly helpful has been information from people
> more expreianced. I would like book for reference. I ordered the book
> "Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services". Is this one
> going to be helpful or should I find another one too?
>|||There is also a more recent series of Reporting Services webcasts.
Sometime during the last month.
I can't now recall if they are RS2000 or RS2005 webcasts.
Go to http://www.microsoft.com/events and then search the on-demand
webcasts.
Andrew Watt
MVP - InfoPath
On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:58:22 -0700, "Stan"
<Stan@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Rick,
>Go and search for webcasts on MS site, there are a whole series for
>beginners with visual exapmles. The examples Im refering to starts on 07
>March 2005.
>Very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment