Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book suggestions on T-SQL

Hi All,
I am new to SQL Server but have been doing database programming since last 3 years. I recently attended MOC (Microsfot Official Curriculum) training on SQL Server and have started to use at my company. I am comfortable with SQL but want to dig deeper into T-SQL side. I searched on the Internet but not many good books available in that either they are ranked very low or are very old i.e. written around 1999/2000 or covers SQL Server 2000 as a whole. Can anybody suggest me any T-SQL book which was written recently and focuses purely or majorly on T-SQL?

Thanks to all for your time and advice in advance.

Regards:
PrathmeshKen Henderson. Some of the stuff is from the Guru's Guide to Transact SQL is a little dated but you will learn a lot. He has 2 books after that one I have been meaning to get to that are a little more up to date and I have heard are quite excellant.|||http://www.sqlteam.com/store.asp|||Thanks guys for the suggestions. Ken Henderson's books
1. Guru's Guide to T-SQL
2. Guru's guide to Stored Procedures, XML, HTML

seem to be good. Book 2 is slightly newer than book 1, but seem to have good material coverage. I also went through amazon reviews and TOC and overall the book seems good. As Thrasymachus pointed out, Book 1 is a bit out of date, but seems to be a good starting point.

Once again, thanks for your tips.

Regards.
Prathmesh

No comments:

Post a Comment