Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book question: Professional SQL Server Reporting Services

I am fairly new to SQL Server and very new to Reporting Services. I am
working my way through the WROX book: Professional SQL Server Reporting
Services by Turley et. al. Is this the best forum to ask questions about the
book in general and issues with walk-through examples? If it is, I am having
problems with the example that concludes on page 112. This involves
cascading parameters.
Everything works on the dataset definitions. If I run the Stores_BY_City
dataset and select AZ/Phoenix I do indeed see the 3 stores in Phoenix (437,
473, and 475). When I preview the report the parameter drop down lists work
as expected. However, the reporting fields in the preview are blank. The
labels show fine. Any suggestion on how to debug? Thank you, BobBob
Please send me you RDL file so I can see what's going on.
(nospam@.scout-master..com (fix the addess))
Paul Turley
"Robert Schuldenfrei" <RobertSchuldenfrei@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1D76AEFA-7FA7-431B-9433-8D334D438FB8@.microsoft.com>...
> I am fairly new to SQL Server and very new to Reporting Services. I am
> working my way through the WROX book: Professional SQL Server Reporting
> Services by Turley et. al. Is this the best forum to ask questions about the
> book in general and issues with walk-through examples? If it is, I am having
> problems with the example that concludes on page 112. This involves
> cascading parameters.
> Everything works on the dataset definitions. If I run the Stores_BY_City
> dataset and select AZ/Phoenix I do indeed see the 3 stores in Phoenix (437,
> 473, and 475). When I preview the report the parameter drop down lists work
> as expected. However, the reporting fields in the preview are blank. The
> labels show fine. Any suggestion on how to debug? Thank you, Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment