Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blocking process

I just found an interesting thing in a database.
I have a lot of locks and all locked processes are locked by SPID -2. The
information I get in Enterprise manager and Query analyzer is that the
proceses are blocked by -2.
I can't find any information of what SPID -2 is. The only thing I see is
when I run sp_lock, then I get a list with over 3000 rows of locks which are
held by -2.
Does anybody know what a negatvie SPID is and what I can do to resolve this?If you run a sp_who '-2'
What does this bring back?
Dylan kruger
"Jaana" <jaana.lehtonen@.banverket.se> wrote in message
news:ux8FEk7kDHA.2528@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I just found an interesting thing in a database.
> I have a lot of locks and all locked processes are locked by SPID -2. The
> information I get in Enterprise manager and Query analyzer is that the
> proceses are blocked by -2.
> I can't find any information of what SPID -2 is. The only thing I see is
> when I run sp_lock, then I get a list with over 3000 rows of locks which
are
> held by -2.
> Does anybody know what a negatvie SPID is and what I can do to resolve
this?
>|||sp_who -2 gives the result The login '-2' does not exist.
"Dylan Kruger[MS]" <carmellobear1@.hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:OhcrsG8kDHA.2500@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> If you run a sp_who '-2'
> What does this bring back?
> Dylan kruger
> "Jaana" <jaana.lehtonen@.banverket.se> wrote in message
> news:ux8FEk7kDHA.2528@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > I just found an interesting thing in a database.
> > I have a lot of locks and all locked processes are locked by SPID -2.
The
> > information I get in Enterprise manager and Query analyzer is that the
> > proceses are blocked by -2.
> > I can't find any information of what SPID -2 is. The only thing I see is
> > when I run sp_lock, then I get a list with over 3000 rows of locks which
> are
> > held by -2.
> > Does anybody know what a negatvie SPID is and what I can do to resolve
> this?
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment