Monday, March 19, 2012

blue return arrow icon on Replication monitor - significance?

Good morning,
This morning I opened up enterprise manager (sql Server 2000) and noticed a
blue return arrow looking icon on the Replication Monitor folder. When I
opened up Replication monitor I observed the same blue return arrow looking
icon on the publishers and agents folders. What is the significance of this
icon? How do I remove it?
When I get a red X icon I just restart the distribution agent and refresh
everythihg and the red x goes away. What do I need to do for this blue arrow
icon?
Thanks,
Rich
Rich,
do you mean the retrying icon? What is the message of the agent's history?
(I get this message when experiencing connectivity problems).
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
|||Hi Paul,
Thank you for getting back to me on this. In the Agent History, the Last
action (11/28/06) says No Replicated Transactions are available. Is there a
site anywhere that explains what the various alert icons signify? This way I
can use the standardized lingo to describe what I am seeing.
It is still a little bit early over my way, and customers haven't been
calling about any problems (yet). Do I need to do anything or will this
resolve itself? We have, been having some connectivity problems in recent
times. But usually, I get a big red x when that happens. I restart the
Distribution Agent and it goes away.
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> Rich,
> do you mean the retrying icon? What is the message of the agent's history?
> (I get this message when experiencing connectivity problems).
> Cheers,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
>
>
|||Well, I just refreshed the replication monitor and the blue arrow Icon did in
fact go away. At least it wasn't a big red x.
"Rich" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi Paul,
> Thank you for getting back to me on this. In the Agent History, the Last
> action (11/28/06) says No Replicated Transactions are available. Is there a
> site anywhere that explains what the various alert icons signify? This way I
> can use the standardized lingo to describe what I am seeing.
> It is still a little bit early over my way, and customers haven't been
> calling about any problems (yet). Do I need to do anything or will this
> resolve itself? We have, been having some connectivity problems in recent
> times. But usually, I get a big red x when that happens. I restart the
> Distribution Agent and it goes away.
>
> "Paul Ibison" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment