Monday, March 19, 2012

BOL (2005) Favorites

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes anyway, and
I'm sure if it's the wrong place, someone will soon tell me.
I have a whole bunch of items in my favorite list in BOL (SQL 2005) and
would like to export that, or move, or copy, to another computer. How can I
do that?
TIA
Michael MacGregor
Database Architect
> I have a whole bunch of items in my favorite list in BOL (SQL 2005) and
> would like to export that, or move, or copy, to another computer. How can
> I do that?
The Help Favorites are stored in C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\Shell\VS Help Data\Favorites.xml. This file can be copied to
the equivalent location on another machine. This will overwrite Help
Favorites on the second machine. It is possible to combine Help Favorites by
opening both files and copying the source from one file to another in a
logical way that follows the XML schema.
Help Favorites for Business Intelligence Development Studio and Visual
Studio are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\usernameApplication
Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\VS Help Data\Favorites.xml. The same logic
applies for this file.
Gail Erickson [MS]
SQL Server Documentation Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
Download the latest version of Books Online from
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx
"Michael MacGregor" <nospam@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:%23XSulMIUHHA.4384@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes anyway, and
> I'm sure if it's the wrong place, someone will soon tell me.
> I have a whole bunch of items in my favorite list in BOL (SQL 2005) and
> would like to export that, or move, or copy, to another computer. How can
> I do that?
> TIA
> Michael MacGregor
> Database Architect
>
|||Thank you!
MTM

No comments:

Post a Comment