Monday, March 19, 2012

Boilerplate activation SQL for high-throughput

OK, so assume I am recycling dialogs in my client code, and assume I am doing something similar to get a dialog handle in my TSQL. What should the activated stored procedure that is processing my queue look like if I am expecting thousands of messages per second? Assume also that there is a small bit of logic need to process each individual message? I am building for a high-throughput scenario and would like to get as much as possible out of each second-tier service broker server as possible before the aggregated data is moved up the chain to a master. The first tier is Express on a web server and exists primarily only as a forwarding mechanism.

It depends on what type of logic your activation procedure will be doing. If it is just taking a message off of the queue, then receive the message and log it (or whatever you need to do). It the logic is more intesive, and requires transactions your procedure code will be more complicated. Heres a link to check out activation procedures: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-9592_11-6156264.html

No comments:

Post a Comment