Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blocking 101

Pretty new to SQL Server and support multiple applications on SQL Server.
Just encountered a situation where "blocking" was occurring.
Can someone provide me more information or a link explaining Blocking and
how I can use SQL Server Enterprise Manager to determine who and what is
causing the blocking.
Any help is appreciated and I Thank You in advance for your help.
wnfisbaINF: Understanding and Resolving SQL Server 7.0 or 2000 Blocking Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;EN-US;224453
Typically, it's caused by long running transactions that hold row, page or
table locks.
"wnfisba" <wnfisba@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2DC94438-B2D4-4BEE-A781-AC16DE69A7B7@.microsoft.com...
> Pretty new to SQL Server and support multiple applications on SQL Server.
> Just encountered a situation where "blocking" was occurring.
> Can someone provide me more information or a link explaining Blocking and
> how I can use SQL Server Enterprise Manager to determine who and what is
> causing the blocking.
> Any help is appreciated and I Thank You in advance for your help.
> wnfisba

No comments:

Post a Comment