Friday, February 24, 2012

Blank sub report:

Hi, I have a report which has a subtotal and users can click on the
subtotal and go to a sub report.
However, when people click on the subtotal they are shown a blank
screen (Apart from the standard reporting services header). When I
right-click on the blank screen and view the properties of the report
I get the following
http://webserver/ReportServer?rs:Command=Blank
I have triple checked all the stored procedures, parameters etc. The
*exact* same code runs fine on our development server and I can view
the report via the Visual Studio 2003 IDE no problems at all.
Any ideas welcomed!
Thanks
MarkusOn Apr 26, 5:46 pm, Markus...@.gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I have a report which has a subtotal and users can click on the
> subtotal and go to a sub report.
> However, when people click on the subtotal they are shown a blank
> screen (Apart from the standard reporting services header). When I
> right-click on the blank screen and view the properties of the report
> I get the following
> http://webserver/ReportServer?rs:Command=Blank
> I have triple checked all the stored procedures, parameters etc. The
> *exact* same code runs fine on our development server and I can view
> the report via the Visual Studio 2003 IDE no problems at all.
> Any ideas welcomed!
> Thanks
> Markus
This might sound trivial, but are both the report and the subreport
physically located in the same directory on the Report Server? Also,
is the subreport's datasource set correctly on the Report Server?
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||On Apr 27, 12:52 pm, EMartinez <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 26, 5:46 pm, Markus...@.gmail.com wrote:
>
>
> > Hi, I have a report which has a subtotal and users can click on the
> > subtotal and go to a sub report.
> > However, when people click on the subtotal they are shown a blank
> > screen (Apart from the standard reporting services header). When I
> > right-click on the blank screen and view the properties of the report
> > I get the following
> >http://webserver/ReportServer?rs:Command=Blank
> > I have triple checked all the stored procedures, parameters etc. The
> > *exact* same code runs fine on our development server and I can view
> > the report via the Visual Studio 2003 IDE no problems at all.
> > Any ideas welcomed!
> > Thanks
> > Markus
> This might sound trivial, but are both the report and the subreport
> physically located in the same directory on the Report Server? Also,
> is the subreport's datasource set correctly on the Report Server?
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -
Hi, yes, both the reports are in the same directory and they are both
using the same datasource.
The parent report is called rptShowAllIncome and the associated child
report is called rptShowIncomeDaily (In case there is some problem
with naming conventions or something else I should know about).
In the parent rerport I am grouping by business and I have created a
link through to the child report on the following field
=Sum(Fields!TotalEarnedMonth.Value)
and I am passing through two parameters to the child report (The child
report is populated by a stored procedure which takes three parameters
but the third one is nullable so I am not specifying anything for this
paramater). I have tried specifying a value for the nullable parameter
but it still did not work.
Again, like I said I get no errors just a blank screen with
http://webserver/ReportServer?rs:Command=Blank
Thanks for any/ all help
Cheers
Markus

No comments:

Post a Comment